Conferences removed from the database
About 3,000 conferences listed under the event name have been removed from the Publication Forum (JUFO) database. The peer-reviewed articles of these conferences will continue to be taken into account in the university funding model. But unlike previously, they will receive the level of the regular publication channel (series or book publisher) as determined by the ISSN or the ISBN marked on the article.
Starting from June 2016, individual conferences are rated only in those exceptional cases in which the level of the conference papers deviates from the determined level of the series (eg. Lecture Notes in Computer Science) or the publisher (eg. IEEE) serving as publication channel. The only panels that will continue evaluating conferences under the established name of the event are Panel 2 – Computer and information sciences and Panel 9 – Electrical and Electronic engineering, information engineering.
The removed conferences are mainly those assigned to panels other than 2 or 9, as well as cases, in which the level of the conference has been the same as the level of the publication channel. Such conferences rated on level 0 or 1, which have their own ISSN number, are now classified as "Journal / Series" instead of “Conference”, and named according to the title registered by the ISSN Centre.
In the attached file Removed-conferences_050117 you can find information regarding the removed conferences:
- Unique identifier, i.e. JUFOID
- Level prior to removal
- JUFOID of series or publisher that serves as regular publication channels for the conference in question (“conference channel”)
If there is no JUFOID in the field “conference channel”, one of the following definitions is provided:
- "not processed" = some of the conferences have been left unaddressed since they often do not meet the criteria of a scholarly publication channel, and also, were assigned to panels other than panel 2 or panel 9
- "varied channels" = the publication channel of some conferences varies annually, and therefore, one substitutive channel cannot be identified
- no-eligible channel" = for some of the conferences the publication channel cannot be identified, or the publication channel is lacking an ISBN or an ISSN
Following these changes, there are currently some 750 publication channels classified as "Conferences". These include:
- All level 2 conferences (including ones with ISSN)
- Conferences assigned to panels 2 and 9, with a level that differs from the level of their regular publication channel, or, the level of the publication channel cannot be determined with certainty
Panels 2 and 9 will continue going through their own conference lists, so during the beginning of the year, some more conferences might be removed.